The links below are to relevant scholarly societies in the UK and continental Europe; also, to other websites which may be of interest, including that of the Warwick ELT Archive.
- Posters: History of MFL in the UK
- Chinese in the past, present and future of ML in the UK
- Why Learn German? Answers since 1600
- Video: Interview with John Trim
- The history of the language lab - a graphic (thanks to Pete Smith for directing us to it)
- 100 Years of Language Assistants: 1905-2005 (and beyond...)
- History of German at British Universities 1813-1914 (thanks to Alexander Weber for the link)
- Why MLE history?